Tuesday, May 08, 2012

my tuesday cheap thrill

Out of nothing to do today since it is Holiday Tuesday and I must not spend much because I am saving for an upcoming trip, I preferred to take a dip in the village's pool instead. My Tuesday's cheap thrill!!!

To be honest, I never learned how to swim until I turned twenty-ish. Thanks to Ate Weng for encouraging me to join her swimming lessons in La Salle summer of 2009. We had a special-informal swimming class. The class started with some basics on swimming but eventually progressed into a DIY lesson, mainly because it was not the regular one and we could just come to the pool area any time we want and we could swim even without our intructor. From the class, I know now how to hold my breath under water for quite some time and float. I can do two basic swimming styles, but I think they are more for the beginner ones. Hence, whenever I go to the pool or the beach, I just make do with what I learned from my swimming class. But I think I can improve some more and learn more swimming tricks.

my classic float

Back to the present. 

So I went swimming today and performed my usual tricks. Then, I saw one dad teaching his two little sons how to swim. He was so determined to make his kids jump into the water and swim towards him. He just stayed at his post, waiting for the kiddos to swim to and fro him. Then, the green-eyed monster me started to think, what about me? What happened when I was little? Why can't I remember a time when my dad was teaching me how to swim? Maybe it never existed? Dad perhaps wanted me to learn something else such as playing the piano which I tried when he brought us to a piano lesson one summer. Or maybe I was just always with my mom learning some domestic stuff a.k.a. baking. Nevertheless, I still tried to learn how to swim now that I am a grown up, I know it is a BIT late but... who cares. ;)

Daydreaming-mode...

One day, when I have a family of my own, I do hope my lifetime partner will give time to teach my lovely kids how to swim or how to do some sports they love. I hope he will be there patiently waiting and cheering on our amazing little ones as they make their little steps in achieving their little goals.

The image of my better half must be VERY VERY vague for now, but I am starting to see the glass half-full. I feel  he will come at a time I least expect and it is going to be wonderful, amazing and lovely. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment