Friday, May 04, 2012

surprise me, Ifugao


After all the trekking in Banaue, I felt my body was dying to get some rest. I suddenly felt dizzy so I snoozed a bit. I thought dozing off could help but when I woke up, I was feeling worse. I took some meds but I ended up throwing up. Eugene's folks said I experienced "amling", it has something to with having been greeted by someone who can easily make other people dizzy. Good thing there's a remedy for this -- have your head slighty massaged by this same person. So, after a quick press here and there, I felt so much better. It was as if nothing had happened and I was all set to be surprised by Ifugao's night charm.
before dizziness hit me hard
After my dizzy stint, I started to have a chat with Kuya Amor
as he was chewing some moma
Heid, Junell (the host 1), Eugene (the host 2) et moi  
Time for some perya games in Lamut! (perya: Filipino and Spanish term for fair or carnival)

Game 1: "Throw your peso" (I coined this one)
Step 1: Grab some one-peso coins
Step 2: Throw them on a wooden board which looks like a grid with numbers all over.
Step 3: Make sure your coin settles in the exact center of any of the squares.
Step 4a: If you placed it right, you get a prize! This could be some chips, plates, bottled drinks, etc.
Step 4b: If you got no luck, try and try and try and try... until all your coins are gone. ;)
the coin-guzzling board
trying our luck
just Heid's luck! Platey plate!
Game 2: Shoot those plastic people!
Step 1: Make sure you are completely armed: your bullets are ready and your gun is working.
Step 2: Choose your target: any or all of the tiny plastic people displayed on the wall. Or it could also be the person next to you whom you hate to bits! (kidding!)
Step 3: Shoot! Shoot all of 'em!

The total number of perfect shots corresponds to a prize. So you have to do good. As for our case, we had a total of 30 so we brought home a lovely box of wafer sticks.

your target Heid?
they better do BETTER!

Ready now? I think so.


60 perfect shots is to one box of wafer sticks

 After all the shooting, we crashed a drinking session of our hosts' high school friends. The two guys couldn't say no to the invite so... there. It was a bit awkward to sit with a bunch of strangers though.


But...never mind the uncomfy feeling. Time to get the party started!
Junell drove us to Highlander Hotel and Resort to drink, dance and laugh hard! 
all four of us with the not-so-good flavored beer tower

partying much

time for some photo ops
Wandering around Ifugao at night was a real good experience. I am so glad to have met our two hosts Eugene and Junell. Heid and I are lucky to have people like them to show us around town. Indeed, having an inside track in your travel destination is one big advantage and how much more if you got two. ;)

************************** 

wander: Lamut, Ifugao

wonder: "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."


0 comments:

Post a Comment