Wednesday, April 25, 2012

one hot summer wedding

A wedding ceremony at 3 in the afternoon this hot summer month is equals to sweat, thirst and impatience. Despite the uncomfy weather though, the family (well my lil bro excluded,being the "anti-family gatherings" that he is) flocked to Lingayen (the provincial capital) to attend my younger cousin's wedding. It is a 30-minute drive from our home so it was not so bad for Dad to drive. We arrived at the church a quarter before the wedding march so my sister, volunteered to be the wedding singer as what she usually does for the family and relatives. She had a pianist and two backup dancers? naahh... backup singers. But I think she was better off without them. Proud lil sister here!!! 

So here goes my big sister, enjoying the wedding songs. She felt like she was having her own concert with all the relatives as her audience. Her song while the bride was walking down the aisle with her parents moved me, I kind of cried. *mushy-senti-mode*
Mom and dad were principal sponsors so they were really dressed up for the occasion. Barong for dad and white dress for mom. Their ensemble looked so warm though which was not at all cool and comfy. But they were not the only ones as the rest of the "ninongs" and "ninangs" wore similar attires.
And because I did not have a particular task in the wedding except for my attendance, I just chilled and had some chitchat with my former housemate and forever cousin Van. :)               
My big sis was also up for some photoshoot so voila! Summery ensemble for the three of us!                         
In the wedding, I also met my lil nephew for the first time. I have been hearing about him from Van but haven't actually met him before. And he happens to have the same name as my first love.hahaha This lil Aaron is such a cutie with his goofie poses! :)
Since this was sort of a family reunion, of course, there were some random snapshots with some relatives.

this was supposed to be a wacky shot!

Tita Daw (bride's mom) in red tank top is such an entertainer! She showed some of her dance moves, so impressive! ;)

 snapshot with the newly-weds
  wonder:   This day was a blast!

 First, My dear cousin bride turns out to be the first among all my cousins who was nauseous she felt like throwing up on her wedding day. Such an epic! ;)
 Second, everybody had a great time doing a lot of talking: chatting, reminiscing childhood years, gossiping, and whathaveyou. 
 Third, there were dancing, laughing, and of course drinking. I love the wine (the label says it is from Portugal) the bride's mom, my aunt, served us. It tastes a bit sour and bitter, and I like it. I love the wedding cake as well because it was so fluffy and not so sweet. We almost finished one layer of it.
 Finally, this affair showed me just how my mom and her dear cousins are like to each other. I envy how they support and protect each other. From their stories, I can tell that their childhood experiences, their fun summer escapades and of course their love for each other have shaped their "Mightybond" cousinhood. For this, I became such a green-eyed monster.

 wander: Lingayen, Pangasinan

Credits to cousin Sassy for the photos :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment