Thursday, April 12, 2012

virtual wandering: Château de Saint-Jean de Beauregard

"So what did you do over the weekend?"

A predictable question to ask on Mondays to get started with my online English training.

"Nothing interesting."
"I stayed home and fixed some things around."
"I went shopping, swimming, biking, etc."

These are the responses students give every time.

But yesterday, Jean Pierre preferred to answer my question with a vurtual tour to Château de Saint-Jean de Beauregard, where he spent his weekend with his family.

April 1, 2012: Il fait beau.

The weather in France these days is beautiful it lightens up the blunt mood of the  people. And so to take advantage of the sun, my student drove his family for a couple of hours to Château de Saint-Jean de Beauregard. This castle, as my student described to me, has a huge garden surrounding it. Out of curiousity, I instantly asked Google to show some images while he was explaining it further to me. And Voila!

the castle nestling in a beautiful landscape
My student said that the 17th-century château is owned by a private French family, not by some royal family as I initially thought. And yesterday, his love for gardening brought him to this place and see the Fête des plantes vivaces it was hosting from March 30 to April 1 of this year. 

The festival's poster
 He told me that the castle was surrounded by a lot of perennial plants displayed by more than a hundred of exhibitors. He was even surprised to see people from the neighboring countries gather for this annual plant event.
 
la cour verte
 
flowers in bloom

 **********

"Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom.They just open up, and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful" - Jim Carrey


wander:  Domaine de Saint-Jean de Beauregard, Saint-Jean de Beauregard, France

wonder: If spring flowers had souls, would they prefer to be placed in an ornate vase for display? or would they rather choose to stay in the garden background  just like the other flowers their kind?

0 comments:

Post a Comment