Wednesday, September 05, 2012

book the travel


It is not every time possible to travel but my wandering feet wants to experience more adventure. Thank god for these travel books, I can travel (virtually?) cheap but my journey is packed with lots of adventure, new discoveries, and cultural explorations.

How I get them is pretty easy. I scavenge some BookSale shops I come across, I don't buy firsthand books (as they are very expensive and I know I am such a cheapskate *hahaha*). When I walk in, I actually don't know what book(s) to get, no particular titles/lists in mind. I don't even check book recommendations from other travel enthusiasts to know which ones are good or not. What I do however, is scan the books and spot these big words: TRAVEL, ADVENTURE, DESTINATION, CULTURE. I also read the synopsis or reviews found in the books and check if they suit my taste. If they do, then time to bring them home! :)

******************

wonder: “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

0 comments:

Post a Comment