Friday, February 15, 2013

Ready. Set. Dive!

Most of my travels involve getting adrenaline rush(es). I am not an adrenaline junkie, for sure, but I love to try new adventures, those kinds that challenge my fearlessness (if I really DO have it!). And so for my third visit to the all-so-famous Boracay, I tried something new, that thing considered as one of the most dangerous (?) extreme sports -- CLIFF DIVING! I jumped from 6 meters above water, a baby step for the experts, of course. I was feeling so scared walking towards the diving board but I felt thrilled at the same time. And If there was a mantra for my fearless "stunt", it could have been "There's no way I'm turning back" repeat nth times.

So, I finally JUMPED, hitting the water at 25 mph (40 kph). I didn't expect it to be so much fun and... PAINFUL!! Both my legs hurt but there's no stopping me. I went back to the diving board and jumped the 6 meters again. I felt SO thrilled! I was a bit regretful that I did my two stunts 30 minutes before getting back to the main island. If only I could have started diving earlier...

After a few days, my legs still hurt. My friends said the HUGE bruises I got from my cliff diving experience look like the punishment marks from fraternity hazing. Indeed. But I still want to try it again. Hopefully, when I walk towards the diving board again, I am ready with a BETTER diving posture. :)
Souvenir Baller IDs. I lost mine after diving. :(

Absolutely!

Bonjour Ariel's Point!

Testing the board. Smiley but a bit scared.
More cheers please!
I felt like I'm a gymnast... a scared gymnast!haha

There's no way I'm turning back.
There's no way I'm turning back.
There's no way I'm turning back.

My 25 mph (40 kph) jump! My posture here caused my bruises.

SPLASH!!!!
Thanks Kuya Gary for assisting me after my dive.
I could have drowned if you hadn't guided me.



wander: Ariel's Point, Boracay

wonder: I don't pretty much like Taylor Swift,
but this quote reminds me of what I have just done:

2 comments:

Jerome Voleavoile said...

Have you tried the highest one, or is there a new challenge waiting for you for your next trip to Ariel's point ?
You could try with shoes, to avoid pain under your feets...
And keep your legs straight.
kind regards,
Jérôme

angela diaz said...

Thanks for the tips Jerome. :) My friend said I jumped like a stick, a curved one, I guess!haha
Will muster up more courage for the highest point. If I jump it, then bungee jumping must be next ;)

Post a Comment