Thursday, April 04, 2013

beautiful April!

This month of April started with a lot of beautiful surprises and I can't help but feel so happy and satisfied.
I have chosen top 4 items and let me share them with you:

1. I finished my final course work and earned a satisfactory grade. I am so glad that this unfinished business is finally done. It was quite a struggle and finally I am over and done with it. Yehey!

2. Although it was hard juggling my graduate school, two jobs and travels, I was able to pull everything off with success. I was never late nor absent at work. I attended my Saturday graduate school class despite some temptations to just skip it, hang out or rest. In addition, I had the chance to travel to three destinations during the semester. Everytime I look back at the previous months and how I did all of them, I am in awe. I am happy I was able to manage quite well all these things in my life.

3. As a consequence of Item no.1, I will then start preparing for a big exam. It's not something I look forward to but I have to go through it. It's the first of the three final steps in order to complete my graduate school and finally bring home an MA degree. I am happy I will be taking this first step, despite feeling butterflies in my tummy. haha

4. I am turning a year older on the 9th. Though I know I look younger than my age (haha), I feel like I have gained wisdom from my travel experiences, interactions with people around me and reflections from the things that have happened in my life over the years.

I am glad to have safe and fun travels around the Philippines and even in Asia with my family and good friends. My itchy soles have brought me to places that made me see life outside the box, as my blog's name says. I learned to adapt, be resourceful, be street-smart, be alert and most especially be frugal (in a good way).  :)

Also, as I improve my social skills and open my heart a little bit more to others, I gained more friends (great ones I should say) and they helped me soften my "heart of stone" and become less apathetic.

Further, my life is no bed of roses. I had a lot of struggles, disappointments and heartbreaks and it was difficult to cope sometimes. But because of great people around me who never left my side and cheered me on, I realized that I should keep moving and continue striving to make things happen.


All in all, there's a lot of great things to look forward to, not only this month, but also for the months and years to come. But it feels good to take a step back and reflect on my life experiences so that my moving forward will bring more essence and wisdom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment